Start here if your kitchen needs updating!
Strawberry Crunch Cake
Just like pickled mango, strawberries and ice cream signal that summer has arrived. This Strawberry Crunch Cake recipe presents layers of both over an oh-so-yum Golden Oreo Cookie crust. A sprinkling of a fun, crunchy topping elevates this dessert higher than the summer sun!
- Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment. Preheat oven to 350°. Finely crush 24 cookies. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until firm, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread vanilla ice cream onto crust; freeze, covered, until firm. Spread with strawberry ice cream and then whipped topping; freeze, covered, until firm.
- Coarsely crush remaining cookies. Combine cookie crumbs and freeze-dried strawberries; sprinkle over whipped topping. Freeze, covered, until firm, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove cake from freezer. Lifting with parchment, remove from pan. Gently peel off parchment. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
– 36 Golden Oreo cookies, divided
– 4 tablespoons butter, melted
– 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
– 5 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
– 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
– 1 package (1 ounce) freeze-dried strawberries, coarsely crushed
– Fresh strawberries, optional